About SunShower Learning
SunShower Learning is known for creativity, collaboration and expertise. SunShower is committed to crafting learning experiences that inspire and challenge people to be more curious about their own habits and behaviors. We give people tools to intentionally disrupt unconscious biases before they influence decisions and interactions with others.
Expertise • Quality • Experience
SunShower is recognized for:
- Subject matter expertise
- Highest quality film production – realistic scenarios with emotional impact
- Award-winning training courses
- Cutting-edge formats that meet today’s training needs
SunShower courses are in use by tens of thousands of corporations, schools, governments and other organizations.
SunShower addresses these topics (and more) in our eLearning courses, Trainer’s Toolbox materials and Live Webinars with experts:
- Microaggressions and Psychological Safety
- Unconscious Bias
- Culture of Belonging: What gets in the way?
- How to lead a multicultural team
- Are your Hiring Practices Inclusive?
- Inclusive leadership: What’s needed now
- Stereotypes: How to speak up
- Disability and accessibility
- Preparing for DEI resistance
What people are saying
“SunShower’s Unconscious Bias e-learning is the most engaging e-learning product I’ve seen. We are getting very positive feedback. It is the first time we’ve seen people making a point to tell us how good the training is. Stellar! ”
— K. Riley, Training Specialist,
Fortune 500 Company
“The Ouch Video is a great complement to our harassment training since many potential harassment situations involve those “not so obvious” stereotypical comments. As participants watched the video, we could see heads nodding in agreement that stereotypes still exist. Since rolling out the training, employees in all of our facilities across the U.S. are saying “ouch” to speak up against stereotypes.”
— Employee Relations Specialist,
Fortune 1000 company
“Inclusion in Action eLearning not only brings attention to inclusion as a necessary leadership skill, it teaches skills that everyone in an organization can learn and practice. Best of all, the vignettes are realistic and really grab your attention.”
— Gerry Fernandez, President and Founder, Multicultural Foodservice & Hospitality Alliance (MFHA)
“Joel Lesko and SunShower Learning have produced the gold standard of anti-bias training that will have a lasting and beneficial impact in business, industry and education. If equity, diversity and inclusion are important goals for your organization, community and the nation, then this interactive training video will teach employers and employees concrete skills to confront and disarm microaggressions (bias and bigotry).
The training teaches targets, allies and bystanders specific actions that involve making the ‘invisible’ visible, disarming microaggressions, and educating offenders. It is filled with real-life examples of harmful microaggressions, along with tested intervention actions that can be taken to create norms that reinforce an inclusive, respectful, and welcoming environment.”
— Derald Wing Sue, Ph.D.
Author, Microaggressions in Everyday Life, Microintervention Strategies
What’s a sunshower, anyway?
Imagine rain falling at the same time as sun is shining brightly and no clouds to be seen. This magical paradox happens when rain drops are blown a long way into an area with no clouds. If you’re lucky, it is in this moment of contradiction where you can often find a rainbow.
A sunshower is a unique and inspiring event… As Joel says, “That’s what SunShower training is designed to be: a unique, engaging, inspiring experience that inspires curiosity and openness to fresh ideas and skills to bring about change in the world.”
About Joel Lesko
and the SunShower Team
Joel is a documentary filmmaker, author and speaker on recognizing unconscious bias and creating a more respectful workplace. Joel’s film work has appeared on PBS and has received over two dozen awards. SunShower Learning is the expression of his passion for film, online learning and diversity, equity and inclusion.
Joel has worked with leading organizations including Liberty Mutual Insurance, AT&T, UCLA and others to support their DEI initiatives with award-winning eLearning courses. In recent years he’s facilitated unconscious bias workshops for the CDC in Atlanta, Yale-New Haven Health and many others.
Joel is pleased to share more about the team of authors, speakers and facilitators who have been partners in creating and sharing these important programs. The collective intelligence and experience is only outweighed by the passion these talented leaders bring to the work.
- Marsha Ross-Jackson – webinar co-leader and creator of the BoldWorks! series (coming soon).
- Dr. Robin Johnson – Being a Kind Leader: 6 Soft S.K.I.L.L.S. and SunShower strategic thought leader and co-creator
- Sondra Thiederman, Ph.D. – Defeating Unconscious Bias, Unconscious Bias in FOCUS, Diversity Dialogue Blunders
- Leslie Aguilar – Ouch! That Stereotype Hurts + Ouch! Your Silence Hurts
- Tina Dyer – webinar co-leader and creator of the Set and Setting course (coming soon)
- Connie Watson, Ph.D. – webinar co-leader and collaborator
- Dr. Derald Wing Sue – webinar co-leader and thought leader for Disarming Microaggressions + The 21-Day Plan for Disarming Microaggressions
- Dr. Steve Robbins – Inclusion Insights