Even Nice People Have Stereotypes. Let’s be honest, even the nicest of people – that’s you and me – can have stereotypes. That’s why we’re lucky that Dr. Steven Robbins has come out with this great video training package.
Designed to be easy to watch and easy to learn from, Inclusion Insights uses humor, cleverly presented content, and carefully chosen metaphors to deliver a message your team can absorb, understand, and, above all else, feel inspired to use.
NCLUSION INSIGHTS: STEREOTYPES, LAZY BRAINS & UNINTENTIONAL INTOLERANCE.
Why is it that in traditional diversity training, many people still feel left out? How about a new approach to diversity based on entertaining new ideas from different perspectives? How innovative would that be? This is Steve Robbins’ premise for this program.
This strategically constructed video, will show your team:
- How nice, well-meaning people may engage in “unintentional intolerance” and stereotyping.
- How to practice skills for becoming more open-minded to new people and unfamiliar ideas.
- How everyday experiences shape our perspectives and influence our interpretations of the people and world around us.
- How being open to other people’s unique views can improve creativity and innovation at the workplace.
USA Today wrote about Steve Robbins, “If you’re interested in more information on how you or your company can become more aware of your subtle biases and how to change them, consider Robbins’ work.”
The Learning Objectives:
1. Examine how nice, well-meaning people engage in unintentional intolerance.
2. Recognize and understand how closed-mindedness and exclusion take place, and how to become more open-minded to new people and novel ideas.
3. Discover how everyday experiences shape our perspectives and influence our interpretations of the people and world around us.
If we can begin to understand it from that type of framework we can easily see how developing open-minded individuals and organizational cultures is the first stage of the “diversity journey” and how the work of “diversity and inclusion” can positively impact:
1. Creativity and innovation;
2. Employee engagement and enthusiasm;
3. Continuous learning and improvement.
The unique manner in which Dr. Robbins approaches issues of diversity and inclusion, along with his engaging and motivational style are just a few of the powerful reasons why organizations call on him.
“Dr. Robbins is a gifted speaker and story teller who can move people to see things they may never have seen before. His knowledge of diversity issues is only surpassed by his ability to share that knowledge in an inviting, insightful and inspirational way.”
Lynsey Martin Raytheon
“Dr. Robbins brings a unique and insightful perspective to the field of diversity. His approach to diversity helps us to recognize that we all play a role in the development of an inclusive work environment and brings the diversity discussion into the 21st century.”
Book a Discovery Meeting
Your organization may have a unique need for training in reaction to something that happened. Or your culture requires the use of certain language or meeting a certain tone. We’ve worked with organizations for more than 20 years to create appropriate, customized training solutions. We can do it for you.